Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Words From Tha Reaper

I have been listening to various underground hip hop artists of late, and would like to recommend some artists worth noting. When I say hip hop artists... Im talking about artists representing all elements of hip hop ( DJ,MC,Graf Writer,Beatboxer,Etc... ) So if this post seems a bit schizo due to me shouting a graff writer, then jumping on a DJ or whoever. Now you know why!








I have been listening to Oddisee who is a skilled producer and emcee from Washington, DC who has been making excellent soulful hip hop of late. His lyrical abilities deal with real life encounters, and about what hip hop is about in his viewpoint. His beats are some of the most soulful that I have heard in recent times. almost reminds of some early Pete Rock /LMNO type beats. To me this dude seems like he is a Golden Era revivalist, which in my opinion is a hip hop artist who is creating early boom-bap inspired hip hop for those of my generation who lack in hip hop history. We really do need more emcee's like Oddisee who collabs with artists all over the globe to bring back that real boom bap! Check out: Oddisee-Mental Liberation EP out now!






I have also been digging some graffiti artwork from an artist named Beast. View his work here: http://www.graffiti.org/act_beast/actbeast_3.html

And lastly.. If you haven't already done so. Please subscribe to my underground hip hop turntablism podcast entitled: The Writer's Bench hosted and mixed by me DJ Melodik One (formerly DJ Grim Loco).. Mixed %100 live with no edits using 2 turntables and 1 mixer! All new (1999-2009 era) jazzy sounding Boom-Bap! www.mixtapesfromthareaper.podomatic.com

All those subscribed to this blog and podcast stay patient.. I will have my newest addition of The Moca Soul Cafe coming to you later today or tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment