Saturday, February 13, 2010

My 101st Post!


I have been sitting bored around the apartment all day today. I woke up and immediately recorded the DJ Melodic One Presents: The Valentine's Day Rejection mixtape.

DJ Melodic One Presents: The Valentine's Day Rejection Mixtape

Stream: http://tapesfromthareaper.podomatic.com/player/web/2010-02-13T11_13_01-08_00

Download: http://tapesfromthareaper.podomatic.com/



I have also been so bored that I decided to start a new music project out of the inspiration from some bloggers here in Cleveland, OH!

This project focuses on the creation of jazz music created only using my laptop, and my current setup. The music is a very melodic and complex sounding music that I made while reading some local blogs on the net and trying to IM my close friend online. He is currently taking up some college courses and tells me that his work is taking up all his free time so... I thougt I needed to create some kind of mellow form of music to listen to whilst your studying.

I myself plan on taking some college courses this year aswell, so I will be creating this EP and holding on to it to listen to before those exams hit me! This year has been an increasingly rough year on my financialy. So I think its time to create something that I am highly influenced by. Im still working on the Jazzy Hip Hop projects, but I think its time to take some time off from doing so to experiment a bit and try to create jazz music from scratch using a software, some nice sounding speakers, and a pair of headphones.

When I created this project I was looking to be as complex as possible and to entice the listener into thinking they are listening to an entire jazz band. I have created solo's, melodic changes, chord improvisations, and smooth grooving rhythms on these last 2 songs. I was reading a few blogs on blogger about ordinary Clevelanders who were narrating a snippet of their busy lives and was intrigued to create some sort of soundtrack of my perspective of Cleveland.


And If you are one of those inspiring bloggers from Cleveland, OH. Could you post it up on your blog?

The project name is called 6th City Pity. A name I created for the sake of the love/hate relationships that this city has to offer from its inhibatants. The project release Im working on is called "Music to study to" after my good friend Nigel who is currently in college.

Here are the songs... But before I present them to you. I would like for you all to please give me some feedback in the comments box below!

6th City Pity-Fall into Spring http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udCFq87rOLU

6th City Pity-Mistake on the lake http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBn3F3r0-w8

No comments:

Post a Comment